SUSTAINABLE IDEA COMPETITION
The effects of climate change, the reduction of resources on a global scale and increasing population pressure are highly visible, and developments that come into direct contact with our daily lives make it a necessity for societies and settlements to be more sustainable today. Combining solutions suitable for local conditions and climate, together with technological developments and innovations, is extremely important in terms of reducing the effects of conditions that change our world and lifestyles, and providing long-term social, environmental and economic gains.
In this idea competition, which we intend to hold among undergraduate and graduate students, who are the professionals of the future; Social, Environmental and Economic problems; In line with the search for solutions with new and applicable ideas, the main aim of our competition will be to create ideas on an ecological village settlement that takes into account certain criteria and using existing resources on an imaginary land containing certain natural and artificial elements.
The competition is open to individual and team participation, and each of the competitors must comply with all of the following conditions.
• Departments of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Interior Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Forest Industry Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning of Universities in Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. studying TC National or foreign undergraduate and graduate students can participate.
• Competitors must be continuing their undergraduate or graduate education at the time of application. (Undergraduate student certificate or graduate student certificate must be submitted at the time of application.)
• The competition is open to all classes of the above-mentioned departments of universities.
• The competition is open to individual and team participation, and teams can consist of a maximum of 5 people. In addition, a student can participate in the competition only individually or only with a team.
• Each team and individual participant will choose a team name (a 5-digit nickname consisting of letters and numbers only).
• On behalf of all team members who will participate in the competition, the team leader or individual participant must fill in the application form completely until the deadline of the competition.
• Teams will not be able to make any member changes after completing their applications.
• First-degree relatives of the Jury and ÇEDBİK employees who prepare, carry out, finalize or approve the transactions related to the competition cannot participate in the competition.
• Jury members and ÇEDBİK employees must not have participated in any part of the works that will apply to the competition.
• Competitors must comply with the conditions stipulated in the Contest Specifications.
• During the competition, no competitor can directly contact the members of the jury and ÇEDBİK employees. All questions regarding the project and the competition will be forwarded to the responsible reporter within the period specified in the Competition Calendar.
• Every idea that participates in the competition is required to be original in the project and not to have been published elsewhere or participated in another competition before.
• Participation in the competition is free of charge.
• Applications of competitors and teams that are found not to comply with any of the above conditions will be deemed invalid.
In line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals determined on a global scale; Social, Environmental and Economic problems; It is aimed to produce solutions with new and applicable ideas.
In line with the search for solutions with new and applicable ideas, by using soil, water, forest areas and transportation roads on an imaginary land containing natural elements such as forestland, river and artificial elements such as bridges, highways or unusable structures,
Establishing an ecological village settlement that respects nature, has low carbon emissions, and has a vibrant social life
· Constructing energy efficient and ecological structures and facilities in this settlement, taking into account the available resources and all aspects of sustainability (including economic sustainability)
· Completing all construction processes by using materials produced with environmentally friendly and sustainable methods
Based on the above criteria, the competitors are expected to establish an ecological village on the given area.
The competition will be conducted on the website www.cedbik.org. All up-to-date information about the competition will be shared on this site. Contest Specifications and Application Participation Form will be available on this website.
• The application participation form will be filled and signed by all team members or individual participants. After the signed document is scanned, it will be sent to the responsible rapporteur via e-mail in an application file in .PDF format, with the student documents of all competitors attached to it.
• After reviewing the submitted .PDF file, a registration confirmation e-mail will be sent to the team leader or individual competitor. Also, this confirmation mail will include the Scaled Project Area Map.
• Competitors must submit 3 sheets of 80 x 45 cm horizontally and with a resolution of minimum 150 dpi and maximum 300 dpi as a single combined .PDF file with a maximum size of 50 MB by the deadline. It is expected that the first two of these sheets will focus on drawing and visualization, and one will contain text and visuals covering design principles, evaluations, ideas presented and results obtained.
• The teams will send the competition submissions to the responsible reporter ([email protected]) via WeTransfer before the deadline specified as the Project Submission Date in the specification.
• To comply with the rules of the specification,
• Being applicable,
• To comply with the principles of sustainability,
• To support the development of the region where it is located,
• To take into account nature, people and the awareness of being a society adequately,
• To use sustainable materials, techniques and available resources adequately,
• Considering energy and water efficiency,
• To ensure the reuse of existing buildings in the land.
The questions sent by the competitors for the ÇEDBİK Sustainability Idea Competition- 2020 were answered.
To Reach The Related Document Please Click.
ÇEDBİK Sustainability Idea Competition- 2020 Concluded.
To Reach Contest Results Click Here
ÇEDBİK Sustainability Idea Competition- 2020 E-Catalogue Has Been Published.
To Review Projects of Award Winning Teams Click Here
The competition is organized by Environmentally Friendly Green Buildings (ÇEDBİK).
Organization Organizing the Contest : Çevre Dostu Yeşil Binalar (ÇEDBİK)
Responsible Rapporteur : Furkan Gültekin
Contact Phone Number : 0 216 469 48 55 / 56
Email Address : [email protected]
* All questions about the rule file should be sent by e-mail to this address. Questions asked in any other way about the rules of the competition will not be answered.
You can review the Contest Technical Specifications to learn all the details about the contest, such as the contest process and participation conditions.
To Access the Application Form Click Here.
To Reach Competition Technical Specifications Click Here.